Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and is a chance for everyone to get to know fellow bloggers, and book lovers and share bookish lists. Every week is a different themed list, and you can join in on any Tuesday.
This weeks Top Ten Tuesday is: Books I'd Slay a Lion to get Early
With so many fantastic books coming out this year it's extremely hard to pick ten! However I did somehow manage, and I'd love to see what you've picked!
- The Darkest Legacy by Alexandra Bracken. I geeked out so much when I found out we were going to get another Darkest Minds installment, and even more so as it's centered around Zu, who although one of the main characters in DM we don't know all that much about due to her shy nature. This is a book I'd not only slay a lion for, but also offer up a kidney (my other kidney is for the book below), and walk through fire. I love Darkest Minds!!!
- Evolution by Teri Terry. Normally you'd have to wait a year or longer for the final book in a series to come out, but not with the last book in Teri Terry's Dark Matter series. I am dying to get Evolution!! My second kidney is reserved for this book, I am that psyched for it!
- These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch. I loved Raasch first series Snow Like Ashes and I can't wait to get my hands on These Rebel Waves. Rumor has it there's gay pirates 😉 with magic and adventure.
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning. We've seen quite a rise in Villains getting there own spotlight, and am itching to see if Sea Witch is just as dark and captivating as the retellings already out.
- Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix by Julie C. Dao. From sea witches to the rise of an evil empress. I can already feel my-self being ensnared, and I love the Asian take on this retelling of the Evil Queen.
- Smoke in the Sun by Renee Ahdieh. I am slightly gutted they've changed the cover designs, but it's not enough to stop me from wanting this book now. I need to know how my favourite couple are doing, and what secrets and dangers await them.
- Catwoman:Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas. F*** yes! My favourite anti-heroine gets her own book! My copies already pre-ordered from LitJoy who are doing a special box for Catwomn:Soulstealer. August can not come quick enough!
- Exile by S.M. Wilson. I feel like it was only yesterday when I read TET, and knowing the second book is due out soon just makes the wait bearable. June is a double whammy for Dinosaur fans as it's also the same month the new Jurassic World film comes out, so you can devour your copy of Exile and then go watch JW.
- Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean. Ever since reading Flame in the Mist last year I've been craving books with themes from different cultures, and Empress of All Seasons sounds like it fits perfectly especially given that there'll be yokai as a main center point.
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor. I could live in Weep regardless of the floating statue, and am at my wits end wanting to know what happens next.